Thursday, November 19, 2009

22

Hello Hello!

Another update from me! I'm getting through the days with hours of studio under my belt, but still so many left to go. I am in the dead middle of my studio project, and urban exploration project. Both have been making me busy and leaving me attached to my computer, unfortunately, but it's completely necessary. They told us the last month of school is dedicated to school. 3 months of 'vacationing' seems like a decent thing to come back to work from!

Something fun though happened the other day... My birthday! It was on Tuesday. I turned 22 (Permanently 21 for the rest of my life) In the morning, my roommates made us a french toast breakfast, and we headed out for an afternoon of shopping. I got a gorgeous red dress. At 6 o'clock we had a lovely evening class scheduled, but it was to watch a movie about Rome, called Fellini Roma. Our teacher wanted us to see it after been there the week or so before. It was a great movie, I recommend it to all of you to watch it. (don't forget the english subtitles) It was great to see Rome in the movie after we had seen it in person. I understand the atmosphere a lot more now; our teacher showed a clip of it BEFORE our trip, then showed us the whole movie after the trip. Good call on her part. After the movie, a group of 10 of us went to this amazing Brazilian restaurant, got the biggest portion of food I've seen in Paris, and an amazing dessert. For dinner I had Brazilian escolape, which was a breaded turkey breast in this delicious sauce, rice, and a great salad. The dessert was 'death by chocolate'. The dinner ended late, and half the group headed back to our apartment for a couple of cocktails, then it was time for bed.

It was a great birthday though, and I am so lucky to have celebrated it out here! I'm 22 and still so young!

Another fun exciting bit of news. Unfortunately, Priyanka and I decided to head somewhere cheaper than Greece, and a little bit closer for the last week we're here in Paris. None the less, we picked our favorite country so far, Ireland! We're going to Dublin this time, and cannot be more excited. It was super cheap, in an English speaking country, and well, it's Ireland. I don't really need to say more... I'm glad to explore a different part (the more touristy, busy part) and get out of Paris one more time before I get back to Chicago.

Wish me luck on my work, I have a tedious weekend coming up. My best friends get here in 3 days! I need to get a lot of work done before our fun filled week! I'll be back soon enough

-B

My new red dress (belt excluded)

do you like my tiara? Caryl, my professor's wife, bought me a bouquet of red roses

this was the sweetest part of the night.
they called me into the lecture part of the room, and surprised me a few minutes later when they carried a chocolate cake, and little cups of tiramisu, all with candles in them. It was so sweet, I wanted to cry!

brazilian escolape. sooo good!

death by chocolate

1 comment:

  1. wow! what a birthday! a little red dress, a tiara, and roses will always uplift the spirit! (hint...dan) the little birthday desserts w/candles was so sweet (literally i almost started crying too!) and i want to eat at that brazilian restaurant when we arrive in a few weeks...bring it on!

    ReplyDelete