Friday, October 2, 2009

Moods

The mood of Paris is always changing, whether its the time of day, the day of the week, the weather, or my encounters with people who live here. I feel like every day is as unpredictable as the next. Some days are better than others, for example, yesterday I got lectured by a French woman that I need to learn French if I am living here, so that was an interesting moment, but I am loving the adventure each time I walk outside wondering what the day will bring me. Today it's a fall October day, and I'm sitting in my studio right now next to the open window even though it's 50 degrees out. I love the feeling of the window open on a chilly day, but being bundled in a jacket, scarf and a hat. (or when I'm sleeping being bundled in a blanket with the window open) Fall is my favorite season and probably will always will be. I can't say I'm not excited though for the 80 degree weather all week in Barcelona... Beaches, here I come!

Anyway, sorry for the mushier post, but I was in the moment to write my observations. I love the unpredictability of this trip, and being able to look back on it in December and smile no matter what kind of days I had, good or bad, is what I'll love most about this trip.

On a side note: To add to my experience here, I started taking little yoga/pilates lessons in my living room at my apartment. After all of the wine, cheese and bread I was eating, I knew I had to start working a little bit of it off. I went to the sports store down the street and bought a yoga mat, and thanks to my roommate Mihee's recommendation, she told me about free iTunes podcasts that have videos online of yoga and pilates classes. For the past two weeks every morning I've been waking up earlier than I usually would, open the windows and do my morning routine. I like to think that I'm seeing results, especially since I'll be on the beaches of Barcelona this week, but just the reward of knowing I exercise everyday is boosting the stamina of myself and this trip. I hope to take down some notes of my routines so I can do them in our hostel in Barcelona just in my head. We'll see how well that works out!

Song recommendation: Fall in a River - Badly Drawn Boy

1 comment:

  1. I'm very glad you enjoyed your trip to Ireland! Please do continue expressing your thoughts and feelings; I perceive them as poetic (not at all mushy) and am sure these musings are part of your educational experience. Thanks, too, for inspiring me to use my treadmill, which has been collecting dust for too long. Exercise is good for us AND makes us feel better! Keep up the good work, Binky, and have a fab time in Espana. Judy E.

    ReplyDelete