Monday, August 24, 2009

Apartment/Luxembourg Gardens

Hello again!

Not much to say since I updated yesterday, but we've arrived at our apartment and it's adorable! Very spacious and luminous. I am sleeping on a pull out bed in the living room but I have my own little nook area which I am fine with. We're on the 5th floor (6th floor to us Americans) and have a balcony looking down our street. There are many shops and cafes around, and the Canal is 1 block away. I might head over there later to check it out.

Yesterday we went to the Luxembourg Gardens and they were beautiful. I couldn't even imagine how marvelous living there in the old days would have been (with no tourists) and when the world seemed so big. I would love to be the only one there to explore, but it's also enjoyable to see so many people propped on chairs and reading a book or laying in the grass in such a beautiful place. The Parisians are so lucky to have these beautiful landmarks nearby to add to their lifestyle. The pictures can't even capture how huge this place is. I'm definitely heading back once the leaves start to change their colors in the fall. I'm sure it will be breathtaking!

Here are a few pictures, and I'll be back soon!

Statue (I was upset by all the garbage there, too!)

Father and sun playing with the sailboats in the pond

Luxembourg Palace

Parisians enjoying themselves in the gardens

My friends and I on the Montmarte hill toasting some wine


Recommended listen: Two Weeks -- Grizzley Bear

No comments:

Post a Comment